Kenn Borek Air (KBA) was started by its namesake in 1971. Kenn was a highly successful entrepreneur who engaged in farming and construction before aviation. The company was held by him and later his family up until 2019 when it was acquired by a long-time aviation operator.
KBA is an owner/operator of twin-engine turboprop aircraft and engages in charter, managing, leasing and otherwise supporting both its own fleet as well as the aircraft of outside parties. We operate internationally specializing in polar operations as well as other highly challenging work. We are especially known for being one of the largest operators of de Havilland Twin Otter aircraft, capable of operating on wheels, skis and floats. We are headquartered in Calgary, Canada, but our vivid orange and white with a black thunderbolt paint scheme is known around the world.
KBA differentiates itself from other charter operators by our:
- Strong corporate culture with safety and sustainability as core values
- Exceptional knowledge of the areas we operate in, including some of the most challenging in the world
- Skilled and highly proficient long-term pilots and engineers
- Thorough knowledge of the aircraft types we operate and support
- Large inventory including unique spares and operational equipment managed by our knowledgeable and responsive supply chain personnel
- Extensive experience in logistics and the ability to establish greenfield operations
While KBA is perhaps best known for our Arctic and Antarctic polar operations, we provide passenger, cargo, search and rescue, medevac, survey, paradrop and float charter operations on an international basis. Kenn Borek Air also manages client owned aircraft, leases aircraft, and provides third party maintenance, repair and overhaul.